Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving Day

This Thanksgiving was a bit of a let-down. I had to be at my job at 3p today, and my family serves Tday dinner at 4p. Since I was working my wife decided to head home to her family's place for a bit, about three hours away. I was sad that we couldn't be together for the holiday, but it does mean that for the next two days away from work get to be spent making pipes. I want this weekend to be super-productive.

I'm hoping to get at least two pipes finished by saturday, and to have at least two more close to done. That is a ton of work to do, but since by best friend isn't coming to town this week and my wife is gone, I will have nothing to do but pipes and a couple of other small projects.

One of the small projects is a large batch of magnets that need to be finished up for the art hop. I need to glue the magnet to the pretty section. We want to sell small groups of the magnets. It'll put something cheaper on our table since most of our crafty goods are higher priced.

Another project I have is to work on at least one more pipe bag. I want to have a bag made for each pipe by the time the show rolls around. My lesson with Jess went very well. I think I've got the hang of it, and honestly, I would not have felt bad shipping a pipe in my first attempt. I'm using it for myself, mostly out of principle since it looks good.

first bag

Here is the pick-axe shape I mentioned in the last post.

pipe 24

p24

No comments: